Yanmar Fuel Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2004
Hunter 35 Vancouver, BC
Just coming to grips with fuel filtration for the Yanmar 3GM30F engine on my newly acquired Hunter 35 . A 2 micron Raycor unit has been installed by a PO to supplement the standard Yanmar fuel filter. I hope that the Racor is downstream of the Yanmar filter, but have yet to get my head into the right position to check!! My objective is a ten micron fuel filter upstream of a 2 micron unit. Anyone know the nominal opening size on the standard Yanmar filter? Neil

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
Yanma Filter

Neil Just went through a series of posts last week on the same subject for my 356. Same engine as yours. My racor filter is a 30 micron filter and the engine filter on the Yanmar is a 2 micron filter. Most appear to use a 10 micron filter for the racor, a few have 2 micron filters with a second filter in parallel which can be valved in if the first filter plugs. Se all the posts last week. Bottom line is a 10 micron external followed by the 2 micron Yanmar should be fine. Marc

T

Tony

Racor Filter

I have 10 micron on my 4JH3E # R20 TUL and cannot as yet find a replacement. Anyone know of a supplier? preferably in Canada Tony

M

Marc

R20TUL

Tony Can you find an R20T? I was told that the UL is no longer being produced and the UL designation, just means the the filter is certified by underwriter labs for commercial use. Marc

T

Tony

R20T

Marc Not looked for that # yet , I will try and see if I can find that one anywhere. Tony

Dec 5, 2003
Hunter 420 Punta Gorda, FL
Filters on the web

Here's a site that has all of the Racor filters and elements at pretty good prices. http://www.marinefilters.com/racor_elements.php3 Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.