Yanmar 3YM20 oil change?

May 1, 2021
C&C 33-2 Sidney BC
I found in looking over my just purchased C&C 33-2 that the engine (installed in 2009) has two oil fills and two dip sticks? I've not seen this before, does anyone have a similar engine that can explain this. Both are clearly marked oil fill? Two different manuals seem to point to two different choices??
thanks

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
This was discussed a while back on the forum and the conclusion was that the separate dipstick and fill go to the same place. Apparently, the consensus was to use whichever is the most convenient for your boat.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Some boat manufacturers built engine spaces into very tight locations often limiting access to only portions of the engine. Hence, the duplicate fill pipes and dipsticks.

• Helpful
Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
If my Yanmar 2GM20 had the dipstick on the port side of the engine I would not be able to check the oil...
well, I did just cut a hole in the bathroom wall to get to the starter...but otherwise I wouldn’t be able to ;-)

Greg

May 1, 2021
C&C 33-2 Sidney BC
Thanks to all hands, now if Yanmar were as considerate on the alternator adjustment that would be very indeed.