Yanmar 3JH3E Parts Catalog

JimP

Dec 26, 2014
Hunter 386 Barnegat Bay, NJ
I was able to get a copy of the Yanmar 3JH3 parts catalog. I'm updating all the hoses on my new to me '03 H386. The engine is low hours <850, but the hoses all look factory original with the silver paint flaking off. (Personally I am not a fan of painted hoses)

Since I'll have all the hoses off, I'l also replace the thermostat and water pump preemptively, and be good for the rated 1000 hour duty cycle.

Photos and write up to follow, but the Parts Catalog is uploaded to the H386 Downloads area if anyone needs it,

Yanmar 3JH3 Parts Catalog

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations on your new Hunter 386!! I enjoyed out 2004 Hunter 386 for many years.

Good plan to perform preventative maintenance. I replaced my Hunter 386 Yanmar 3JH3E water pump and it required disconnecting the transmission, jacking up the forward port engine up, rotating the alternator to access the engine water pump.

JimP

Dec 26, 2014
Hunter 386 Barnegat Bay, NJ
Congratulations on your new Hunter 386!! I enjoyed out 2004 Hunter 386 for many years.

Good plan to perform preventative maintenance. I replaced my Hunter 386 Yanmar 3JH3E water pump and it required disconnecting the transmission, jacking up the forward port engine up, rotating the alternator to access the engine water pump.
Replacing the engine fresh water hoses and pump this maintenance cycle. Raw water shows no signs of leaking, so will replace impeller for now, and look at pump seals or replacement, next winter.

One of the previous owners cut through the shower wall and added a 12 ish by 8 ish hinged deck access door to the port side of the engine compartment. Gives great access to the raw water pump and starter from there.

Also need to replace the primary fuel lines, as a P/O zipped tied them in a way that they rubbed on the starboard rear engine mount. Not leaking, but dangerously chafed.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
...........One of the previous owners cut through the shower wall and added a 12 ish by 8 ish hinged deck access door to the port side of the engine compartment. Gives great access to the raw water pump and starter from there...........
What a lucky maintenance access feature!!............would have been great if Hunter did that.