Yanmar 3GM 27HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2010
Beneteau 36 cc Humlebæk
I would like to Inspect the anti corrosion zink anode on my Yanmar 3GM 27 HP.

Any ideas on where it is ? And how I get access to it ?

Feb 8, 2013
beneteau 352 Raritan Bay
I just bought my 352 so I could be wrong.. but im 99% sure its on the locknut that holds the prop on.. theres a brass locknut that has a stainless screw on it, that stainless screw holds to zinc on it.. on my boat the zinc is totally gone.. but if my memory serves me correctly I read in one of my manuals that's where it goes..

marian

May 21, 2010
beneteau beneteau 351 Penetanguishene
I don't think the 3GM30F, have any zincs, i check my engine and manual, nothing.

May 24, 2007
Beneteau 352 Milwaukee, WI
Another with the 3GM30F and don't have any zinc's on the engine itself. Just one on the end of the prop shaft. Fresh water boat and haven't lost any material over the last three seasons.

Oct 2, 2010
Beneteau 36 cc Humlebæk
I Think you Are right. There are no anti corrosion anodes on the engine. Tank you for your answers

Feb 8, 2013
beneteau 352 Raritan Bay
I was at the boatyard today and walked over to the bene 34 a couple doors down .. heres what he had..

but I agree with msn.. I think they have a small one that is held on by the screw at the end of the locknut of the prop

Attachments

Oct 2, 2010
Beneteau 36 cc Humlebæk
Thank you for all the answers. I have now solved the problem. There are no anti corrosion zink anodes on the engine (yanmar 3gm30f). The manual I have is misleading. It clearly states that there are!!!! The anodes on the propeller does not protect the engine.

Apr 14, 2010
Jeanneau 42DS Larnaca Marina
Yanmar puts pencil anodes on the seawater cooled engines only. If you have a heat exchanger and a fresh water with antifreeze tank, then you don't have an engine anode but the manual refers to it anyway because it covers both designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.