Yanmar 2QM15, Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee br.

I had a friend assist me during the winterization of my 30' Oday. He was wondering why I have an electric fuel pump for this motor.I've ask a few others at the boat yard and they aren't sure why I have this pump just after my primary filter..Any guesses? All responses appreciated......

F

Frederick Pierce.

yanmar fuel pump

LEE . Do you know yanmar has a SUPER WEBSITE you can ask questions and get answers its a troubleshooting website its www.yanmarhelp.com Ihave used it a few times I have a 3GM30 yanmar which is 27HP IN MY 28 ODAY 1985 YOU HAVE A good question with this site you can learn a lot of information FRED PIERCE Boothbay Maine

B

Bob

Why it was added to my boat

Lee, An electric fuel pump was added to my boat by the original owner after the first year (1980)to fix a hard to start problem. I replaced the electric fuel pump in 1990 when I added an additional filter between the tank and the electric fuel pump. Added the filter just in case for water seperation - has not been needed. Nothing wrong with the electric fuel pump I replaced. On the plus side, an electric fuel pump makes it easier to bleed the system. Think the original hard to start problem was an air leak in the fuel line. There is no reason I could see why the original system would not have worked. While simpler is better (one fuel pump, one filter) I like the added high capacity, high quality fuel filter which I can check for water and the electric pump for ease of bleeding the system after checking or replacing filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.