Yanmar 2GM20F unkown oil line

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
I noticed a small patch of oil at the bottom of my engine and noticed this line hanging down on the right side (facing front of engine). It is connected to the back top of the engine.

Could not find any info on the part it's connected to but in that it's connected the top of the engine where we add the oil i figured it might be the oil pump.

My question is where is this line supposed to be connected to? See photo's for info. I pulled the line up to show it's path to the engine part.
yanmar oil line 1.jpg
yanmar oil line 3 front.jpg

Merry Christmas to all from Sunny and Warm Aruba.

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
http://j30.us/files/yanmar-manual.pdf

Page 4 part 23 is identified as a breather pipe.
If there is a positive pressure in the valve area, oil vapor is emitted from this hose.
Where the hose ends there is usually a puddle of oil on older engines.
You can run the end of the hose into a PET soda bottle to keep the oil out of the bilge and also keep an eye of how much is emitted.
This is not a panic situation.
Age brings these little bugs out.
Gary

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
Thanks. Pressure would come during operation. Why would it leak after it's sat for a couple of days?

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
thanks. so i should find a connection tube on the air filter to connect this line to? If so do we want oil in our air intake or does it flow somewhere else?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Directly behind the air cleaner base and on the aft side of the part that the air cleaner bolts to, there should be a nipple that the hose should connect to.. the hose is too long and will have to be shortened to fit.. There is almost no pressure on that hose, so it should just push on and not really need clamps.. The oil vapor and blow-by from the crankcase is directed back into the engine to be burned.. no collection bottle should be necessary..