Yanmar 2GM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Mascari

I have a Yanmar 2GM on my Hunter 30. Lately it is discharging a small amount of fuel (shean on the water)through the exhaust and smoking a little more then usual. I'm told it may be a dirty injector. What is the best way or additive to clean this? Thanks Joe M.

D

Doug

Torrenson Marine

Joe, ck the torrenson marine web site. They have a diesel forum that may already have the answer to your question. If not, post yours and you will be sure to get a professional answer - not a laymans opinion. -Doug

G

giancarlo mangoni

it works

my 2gm yanmar is on my 31 Irwin since 1982. A great engine as long as you pm it regularly. In april i was cruising the marquesas when i lost 80% of engine power and moke started to come out of the exhaust.I called my neighbor,a great mechanic,and he instructed me to empty out the bowl of the filter,replace the filter and fill the bowl with mineral spirit.I ran the engine and noticed thatafter 5 ninutes the smoked had cleared and back in gear i had regained full power.it actually runs better.

M

Mark M Smith

It can be

a dirty injector, but it can also be the fuel pump is bad. (I had the same problem on my 2gmf)it eventually caused the engine to "run off" which can cause all kinds of problems! Blown head gasket-so on. The fuel pump is the heart af a deisel!! Just check the pump also...

Status
Not open for further replies.