Yanmar 18hp part specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorC

Apr 12, 2008
Hunter 29.5 -
I am getting a 1996 Hunter 29.5. I would like to change oil and fuel filter, impeller, change oil and gear box lube. I look at the owner’s manual for Yanmar and it missing basic information. For example you would expect to find filter part numbers, recommended oil and quantity of lube. I was wondering there I can find this information.

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
If your engine is a Yanmar 2GM20F

I can give you most, but not all, of the info you need. My manual states the capacity of the engine oil and trans. These and some other Yanmar manuals are available online here in the Reference Library (thanks to Jim Seamans!). Since there is no standard primary fuel filter (some people use Racor, others Fram, etc.)it depends on what you have. The impeller and secondary fuel filter parts and numbers are available from Torreson/Marine Diesel Direct on their online site. See link.

IgorC

Apr 12, 2008
Hunter 29.5 -
reference link not working

Hi Warren, Thanks for response. I try to open manual from Hunter reference link but it seems not working. Thanks, Igor

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
Reference library

link is working fine for me...problem may be at your end. It would also help if you posted the model number of the Yanmar you have. Or, if you look at the Marine Diesel Direct site you'll just about every model there together with a parts list. FYI, my 2GM20F takes 2 litres of SAE 15w30 engine oil and 1/3 litre of SAE 30w oil for the trans.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Where do you live?

You can order Yanmar parts for any dealer in your area. They know the part number if you know your engine model. Be sure to get the model number off the engine. We have recently heard about a few sailors that have the Euro versions of the Yanmars. You engine should use either 15-40 or 30w engine & transmission oil. All of the parts can be ordered from your dealer. Be sure to order belts when you do the rest of the service. Save your old parts for spares.

IgorC

Apr 12, 2008
Hunter 29.5 -
Thank you

Thank you for responses. My engine is 2GM20F. I have found parts number at Diesel Direct and placed the order. I live in Toronto but get a boat in Sandusky Ohio. I am planning to sail it to Toronto in early June. I would like to do filters/oil changes so I know I have everything new before the trip. Thanks again! Igor

Status
Not open for further replies.