Yamnar Engine mount rubber parts

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Does anyone know if the rubber parts of one of these Yanmar engine mounts can be purchased? or is a matter of replacing the mount completely? Does Yanmar still sell this type of mount?

IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1100.JPG

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
The rubber is vulcanized to the steel (one assumes a person from Vulcan did the work.) When finished the metal and the rubber are all one piece.

Yes - they are certainly available from Yanmar. You need to know the motor you have because the rubber recipe for the rubber in these 4 mounts is different front to back or side to side. These are pretty high priced - but remember what they do. They transmit thrust to the whole boat and they last a good long time - longer yet if you keep oil and diesel fuel away from them.

Charles

Last edited:

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
You have to buy the entire mount. Cast into the rubber is a number which indicates what mount you have. In your photo I can see the #100. The front and rear mounts are usually different numbers. Check the other mounts to see what number they are to make sure you are getting the proper ones. Make sure that when you replace the mounts that the new ones go to the same location as the old mounts. It's easy to mix them up because they look pretty similar.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Don't forget to rob a bank on the way to the Yanmar dealer in order to pay for this little gem. This invoice is eight years old now:

Mount.jpg

As Ted mentioned, be sure to get the same strength mount as you currently have. Record all the measurements between the mount and the engine (at the mount to be replaced) for an easier shaft alignment after you're finished.

Don't want to shock you $$$$$$, but if all your mounts are original from 1988, you may want to consider replacing all of them at once. Take a look here:

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/engine-mount.172452/&highlight=engine mount 3/8

.............. for a few measurements I had taken on my original mounts to see if yours have sagged any.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
That is even expensive for a set of four... Thanks for the warning.

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
Yea but it is Canadian money. You know Loonies (referring to Canadian funds denomination not referring to Johnstone.)

Charles

Jan 7, 2011
Thanks Charles,

I have no idea if either of the OO's replaced them. Any good indicators to tell if they are shot? I don't have a lot of engine movement but I have inspected it while moving from neutral to a load.

Greg

Jan 7, 2011
You have to buy the entire mount. Cast into the rubber is a number which indicates what mount you have. In your photo I can see the #100. The front and rear mounts are usually different numbers. Check the other mounts to see what number they are to make sure you are getting the proper ones. Make sure that when you replace the mounts that the new ones go to the same location as the old mounts. It's easy to mix them up because they look pretty similar.
Thanks Ted. I did not realize they were different (front and back). I will do some more inspection to see exactly which ones I have.

Greg

Jan 7, 2011
Don't forget to rob a bank on the way to the Yanmar dealer in order to pay for this little gem. This invoice is eight years old now:

View attachment 134217
As Ted mentioned, be sure to get the same strength mount as you currently have. Record all the measurements between the mount and the engine (at the mount to be replaced) for an easier shaft alignment after you're finished.

Don't want to shock you $$$$$$, but if all your mounts are original from 1988, you may want to consider replacing all of them at once. Take a look here:

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/engine-mount.172452/&highlight=engine mount 3/8

.............. for a few measurements I had taken on my original mounts to see if yours have sagged any.

View attachment 134217

Holy moly...those are expensive. Thanks for the heads up. I am going to have to really look at the old ones before spending that kind of money on 4 new mounts.

Thanks,

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Any good indicators to tell if they are shot?
If you take a look back at that previous post, the gap shown should be 3/8" which is what the new one read. The worst thing that can happen to them is to soak them with diesel fuel, which is why I replaced that particular one.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
I thought the engine mount should be replaced in pairs like for cars dampers.

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
You need to contact Yanmar and find out what mounts are supposed to go with your specific engine. My mounts that came from the factory were the wrong mounts. BTW, If you have a need for two new slightly used 200's I will sell you the set for the cost of one mount. They are in perfect shape. They were installed by mistake as my engine uses 150's for the port and 100's for the starboard side. These were on the starboard side of the engine and have less than 50 hours on them. I found out when I went to do a shaft alignment after installing a shaft saver and noticed they were wrong when I went to adjust them.

Feb 2, 2006
Hunter Legend 35 Kingston
Expensive = yes;
$278 CDN Expensive = No!

$278 CDN is WAY too expensive. The exchange rate was about 0.81 in Jan 2009, which makes the price ~$225US.
I just ordered a set for my 3GM30F, and I just paid ~$186CDN for each, which is about $140US.

Shop around for sure.
Chris

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
yan mar used to recommend replacing these mounts every 5 years if boat is in operation 12 months a year. with vibration from the engine running , the rubber of the mount wears out and depresses. each mount has adjusting nuts so you can keep your coupler (and p shaft) in alignment for a while by adjusting each mount's nuts. if you go 20 years without checking your mounts ( as a friend did) , you may find expensive damage to your gear box from a badly out of line p shaft. if you don't know how to check face out on your coupling, have a mechanic check and adjust your mounts. trans and gear box repairs can be verrrrry expensive.