Yamaha rendezvous this spring/summer?

• Thread starter Graeme "Rising Sun"
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graeme "Rising Sun"

Anyone interested in a Northwest Yamaha rendezvous this summer? Maybe Memorial Day at Port Madison? Suggestions?

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Great Idea--timing???

I'd support a raftup, but I have a conflict on Memorial Day weekend. The Cruising Club is going to Port Gamble that weekend, and since I'm the commodore this year, I should be there. How about the next weekend? Incidentally, the club is having a cruise to Barkley Sound 7/8-7/23, interested?

G

Graeme

4th of July weekend?

No problem to schedule another weekend. How about the 4th of July weekend? Or another? I'll have to see if I can swing the weekend following Memorial day weekend.

S

Skana

How about the San Juan's

Great idea. Late spring in San Juan's also sounds good. Brian Berry Skana

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
Raft Up

We might be able to make a raft up in the San Juans in the spring as well. Timbo Y33 MirandaII

B

Bob

Weekend after Memorial Day

I can make the weekend after Memorial Day. We should have a raftup down near Seattle for the smaller boats which would spend all their time getting to and from the San Juans on a different weekend, so I can go to both of them.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Publicity for raftups

Greetings, We should settle on a date for the raftups so that we can publicise them in the marine press. Can we settle on the weekend after Memorial Day for the Seattle contingent? When would be a good time for a raftup up north for Canadians and N. Washingtonians? Where would be a good place to publicise that meeting?

Feb 20, 2006
- - Sidney BC
Lots of Yamahas in Sidney

There are at least six Y-30's and three Y-33's in Sidney, so if you can make the rendezvous somewhere reachable from Sidney, we can get a few boats there. Clearing the border is a hassle these days, so some boats will have to pull in to Roche Harbor or Friday Harbor on the way. Getting an I-94 in advance can only be accomplished in Friday Harbor or Blaine.

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
Lots in Sidney

As one of the Y33 owners in Sidney, I'm also hoping there's a possibility of something happening in the Gulf Islands (Montague Harbour, Ganges?). Failing that, Roch Harbor or Friday Harbor would be OK, since, as previously mentioned, one has to clear customs there anyway.

B

Bob

Weekend after Memorial Day at Westcott Bay

How about June 3-4 at Westcott Bay, just south of Roche Harbor? Perhaps with a potluck dinner on Saturday evening. Whaddayasay???

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
Sounds Good

That sounds good for our Y33 from Sidney. Roche customs should be open by then, eh?

G

Graeme

Roche Harbor this summer?

Great to see all of the interest! It would be great to get all of the B.C. boats involved. I like the idea of meeting everyone up in the San Juan's or Gulf Islands. What do you think of waiting until the WX heats up, and folks spend some days cruising in the Islands? I'm thinking of the best WX in late July. Any interest in doing it then?

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
July in Roche Harbor

End of July would work for us out of Sidney. What do others say?

timbo

Jan 5, 2006
- - Sidney
June 3 and 4

June 3 or 4 still works for us at Westcott Bay. What do other people think?

B

Bob

Roundups

I could go for a July 29-30 roundup as well. Shall we shoot for two: June 3-4 and July 29-30? I'll advertise the first wone at Westcott Bay, then when you figure out where you want the second one, we'll get that one in the press as well.

B

Bob

Raftup in Westcott Bay

It's on for June 3-4 in Westcott Bay. here will be an announcement in 48 North, Yachting, and Norwesting. ell all your Yamaha friends.

B

Bob

Raftup July 29-30

How about another raftup in Westcott Bay on the last weekend of July? Gather near the fish pens at the north end of the bay, fly a Y signal flag along with your boat length, put your fenders out, and get ready to have a good time. Monitor channel 69 for communication with other Y-owners. Last week we had live music and fireworks--compliments of a wedding party ashore.

Status
Not open for further replies.