Yamaha 30 Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2007
Yamaha 30 Vancouver, BC
Our Head is made by Simpson Laurence (Lawrence?) out of Scotland. Other than after about 6 weeks when a non-stainless pin corroded, it has worked fine. One can't get parts for these anymore. I've searched around and even gone back to Simpson L and they can't help. Incidentally, that Head in 1981 retailed in Canada for about $450.00 whereas the basic Bryden went for $80.00. I have used my spare Joker valve and I really don't want to be without a spare valve. I've not found a valve that matches. Has anyone else faced this challenge? Has anyone replaced their Head, if so with what? Thanks, John Tir Na Nog, Vancouver, BC

F

frodoboy

I replaced my head!

I replaced mine with an low profile Jabsco electric head. It is made of porcelain and with the standard seat, "just" fits under the sink compartment. I had to put it at a slight angle for the door to close and also had to drill a new hole and seal the hole from the original head hose to the right of the head. I went to Ace hardware and took the shower sump plate with me to get some factory matched paint to redo the floor after I fiberglassed the old hole. It looks very professional and is so much nicer than the "pump" head. The only problem is that this head has gone up in price quite a lot since I bought it about 6 years ago. I have NEVER had a problem with it and haven't had to replace any macerator or pump parts yet! I can send you pictures of the before and after shots if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.