Yamaha 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2010
n/a n/a n/a
Hello Everyone,
I am a new member to S.O. I am looking for my first sailboat and the Yamaha really seems like a nice boat. I am looking around the 25 foot range so I can trailer it. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice. I am in Ukiah, Ca. (2 hrs N of San Francisco)
Thankyou, Greg

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
25 in SD

There's a 25 on the San Diego Craigslist. Sounds to be in reasonable condition.

Nov 30, 2010
yamaha MKII 25 Dana Point
Yamaha MKII25

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member to S.O. I am looking for my first sailboat and the Yamaha really seems like a nice boat. I am looking around the 25 foot range so I can trailer it. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice. I am in Ukiah, Ca. (2 hrs N of San Francisco)
Thankyou, Greg
Hi Greg,

That's exactly the thoughts I had when I bought my boat a few years ago and it turned out to be true. The Yamaha 25 MKII has been the ticket for me. I went from a novice to being able to handle her pretty well. The great thing about this little boat is that it also has a huge front birth, big enough for a queen bed almost. My young son and I have spent many a night very cosy in this boat. It's a really nice couple boat too. It's great for sailing- stable and well handling - and it's great for recreation.

Which brings me to say that for a variety of reasons, I just last night decided to sell my boat. Then first thing this morning I saw your post. The boat is in Dana Point so it's not unreasonable to think about it making to you up North somehow.

If you are interested, you can call me directly at 310 740 7294.

Best,

Steve

Jun 20, 2009
Yamaha 25, 33, 37 San Diego
Hello Everyone,
Thankyou, Greg

Hello:

I started sailing on a 25 MkII and moved up to a 33 in the 90's. I also had another 25 for a couple of years and can attest to their quality, easy of sailing, performance etc. The interior is very functional and a great boat for a single person or couple. I have many fond memories of the 25's I sailed.

If you can get one that is in reasonable shape, they are easy to upgrade/update and you will have fun with it.

I am sure you can find the right one.

Regards,

Ed Serra

Feb 27, 2010
Yamaha 25MK II Vladivostok, Russia

Attachments

Dec 29, 2010
Yamaha 25 25 mk II San Diego
Dancing Queen, that is a beautiful boat and a good looking trailer set up. Do you own the trailer or rent it to move the boat? I just got a 78 Yamaha 25 mkII and look forward to many years of great sailing with her.

Feb 27, 2010
Yamaha 25MK II Vladivostok, Russia
Thank's themess:redface: . That is my own trailer and I keep my boat on trailer when sailing season is over. My boat was build in 1986 and I bought her in Japan last winter. In summer 2010 I sailed about 500 n.m. on her. I have not any great experience with other 25-ft boat and I can't compare, but I am personally think my Yamaha is very, very good boat.

g5665

Mar 18, 2011
Yamaha 25mkii Macau
From Japan?

Thank's themess:redface: . That is my own trailer and I keep my boat on trailer when sailing season is over. My boat was build in 1986 and I bought her in Japan last winter. In summer 2010 I sailed about 500 n.m. on her. I have not any great experience with other 25-ft boat and I can't compare, but I am personally think my Yamaha is very, very good boat.

Hi DancingQueen

just curious... you got ur mkii from Japan... sail it to US? or to your location?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.