Yamaha 25' ...head?

Jun 9, 2017
Yamaha 25 Lake Mead
Greetings all. FNG here.
I'm looking at buying a Yamaha 25'. It doesn't appear to have a head. Am I missing something or is it just time for the bucket?

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Pictures of one for sail on-line show a marine head installed on a molded fiberglass platform, starboard side, just aft of the V berth. Looks like you'd want a privacy curtain. (which sort of begs the question of how "private" any place is on most boats under 30 feet ! )
:)

Jan 20, 2017
Yamaha 33 Vancouver
Standard equipment. Starboard side, and usually equipped with a privacy curtain. Sadly, the curtain will not contain the effluvium, so your traveling companions must be very, very, hearty.

Jdub

Oct 22, 2012
Yamaha 30-1 Charleston, SC
Might I recommend a composting toilet (airhead, nature's head). I put one in my Yamaha 30 and there is very little smell. Plus they're just awesome.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
On any boat much smaller than about 28', a self-contained system--an "MSD" portapotty--is the only thing that makes sense. The "MSD" designation in the model name/number means it has fittings for a pumpout line and vent line, and is designed to be permanently installed (actually just sturdier brackets than portables, so you could still take it off the boat if you absolutely have to), which means that although it's still called a PORTApotty, you don't have to carry anything off the boat to empty it.

A 5-6 gallon model holds 50-60 flushes...you'd need at least a 30 gal tank to hold that many from a manual marine toilet. No plumbing needed except a vent line and pumpout hose--so no new holes in the boat...and -0- maintenance needed except for rinsing out the tank--which you can do with a bucket while it's being pumped out. Cost including the pumpout hose and vent line is about $200--a fraction of what you'd spend for toilet, tank and all the related plumbing needed. And the best part is, you have all the advantages of a toilet and holding tank without giving up a single square foot of storage space..

Check out the Thetford 550P MSD and the Dometic/SeaLand 975MSD....both available from the online store here.

Jan 4, 2008
Yamaha Y25 mkII Long Beach, Ca.
US models came with porta potty, Others with Head. my boat has the thru hulls so the previous owner installed the flush head. Use of a bladder on the port fwd compartment works well. Don't use it often but handy when its needed. A well vented and maintained system has worked well with no objectional odor. privacy and modesty are pretty much unheard of on a 25' boat. I use a cloth companion way privacy curtain when head is in use.
cheers!