Yahoo deleting our archives?

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Did anyone else get email from Yahoo that were restricting our forum and if want to save past info had to let them
know so they would down load to our email address? Had to do by December q14th?

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I didn't know there was a yahoo 310 forum. I did get a similar email concerning a very old group I made that is not active so I didn't worry about it.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I am unaware of a C310 Yahoo forum. I, too, got notifications about other groups I've been a part of from 15+ years ago going away, but I've never been on a C310 Yahoo group.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Did anyone else get email from Yahoo that were restricting our forum and if want to save past info had to let them
Dear Group Moderators and Members,

Last month we notified you of the changes coming to Yahoo Groups that better align with user habits, and today we are providing an update to guide you through the next steps of the transition. Yahoo Groups is not going away - but we are making adjustments to ultimately serve you better. We are amazed at the vibrant community you’ve created through Yahoo Groups and we want to make sure you feel supported as we introduce these changes.

The following changes were made since our last communication:

• Users can now only join a Yahoo Group through an invite or group request approval by the Group Moderator.
• New Groups can’t be public. They can only be private (not listed in Groups directory, membership by invitation only) or restricted (listed in Groups directory, membership requests must be approved by a Group Moderator).
• Members must share all content via email, and can no longer upload or host new content on the Yahoo Groups website itself.

The following changes will be made on December 14, 2019:

• Public groups will no longer exist. All existing public Groups will become restricted Groups that require Group Moderator approval to join.
• Any content that was previously uploaded via the website will be removed.

If you would like to keep any of the content you’ve posted or stored within your Yahoo Group, please download it by December 14 by accessing the Groups Download Manager at---- Once you provide your preferred email address, we will send you a confirmation of your download request and notify you once the download is complete.

You will receive a link to a downloadable zip file via email for each of your Groups organized into a separate folder. Download time varies depending on the amount of information and file size.

If your download request is made by 11:59pm PST on Saturday, December 14, 2019, your content will not be deleted until your download is complete. We are unable to accommodate any download requests made after this deadline.

This is the final reminder to download your content. You can find additional information about the upcoming changes ----

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Most all of the Yahoo groups migrated to Groups.io a long time ago. Yahoo threatened to kill off groups. Why would anybody stay?

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

OOPs 91 year old brain late night misfire because also on C30 Yahoo list. Sorry to bother list.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Yahoo? Threatened? LOL! Sorry... yeah, Yahoo Groups are going away. I think this week or so. Anyway, when I got the notification for the YG I belong to I downloaded all the files that were in the Group. Yep, everyone seems to be moving to Groups.io. YG was easier to use than G.io. At least that is my opinion. I think I withdrew from G.io because of personal reasons.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Did anyone else get email from Yahoo
No, but I did get a letter from a Nigerian Prince offering me a $1,000,000.00 gift if I would send him $500.00 in Itunes gift cards.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong ?

Prince.jpg

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Heck, I'll beat that. Send me $100 in gift cards and a box of Granville's finest and I'll send you a larger, shinier gift.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I agree that Yahoo Groups was a pretty pathetic excuse for a "forum" but it was the only place a "group" existed for the Merit 22' also, so......... a little bit of something would have been better than all of nothing.......... I think.
Yes, I got the notification from Yahoo also. they gave plenty of warning that the groups, as they existed, was ending. it's now, or will be very soon, an e-mail "group" only. nothing will be stored on the site going forward and all previous data will be eliminated as well :(