"Y" Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

Hey Guys, I am going to be cruising soon. Has anyone out there put a "Y" Valve from the aft head for direct or holding tank flow?? If so, where did you make a exit hole? Where is the "Y" valve located? Did you make a loop somewhere? Thanks.

Jun 6, 2004
Hunter 450 Magothy R., MD, Chesapeake Bay
Done it in the aft head

Brian, on our h450 we have Vac-u-flush heads. Due to the difficulty of getting to the line after the vac-generator and a place to run the discharge line, we installed a valve for the forward head. We installed a new thru-hull close to the existing thru-hull but almost on center line. The valve itself is under the forward bed. A pain to get to since we keep the bed loaded with "stuff". Our intent was to use it in the Bahamas and points south. But in fact we did not use it because we have cats and their litter box was in the forward head and it became a nuisance to move the box to use the head. So the y-valve has never be used (except to try out) and is kept locked in the closed position with a wire tie. Hope this helps.

T

Ted

contact info

Gordon Your e-address in the owners list is out of date. I'd like to contact you about your 450. Let me know if you're available for discussion. Brian I'd like to ask a few questions to you also...if you are interested. ekcine...AT...comcast.net Thanks Ed

Jun 6, 2004
Hunter 450 Magothy R., MD, Chesapeake Bay
I havve corrected the information in HOW

Ed, I have sent you an e-mail with my contact information. Thanks for letting me know that my information on HOW was not up-dated. it is now fixed. Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.