Y-36

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graeme

Wow! I'm happy to find this site as well! I've got a 1980 Y-36 that I've owned since new, and had a 33' before that. Looking forward to exchanging info!

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
I have a Y-37

Well how about that! Another big Y owner, and in Seattle too. Mine's in Fisherman's terminal. There seem to be lots of Yamaha owners left here in North America. Incidentally, I just got some parts for my '85 from the factory in Japan, and have the information for ordering if you want it. Contact me directly at rknosp@hotmail.com.

G

Graeme

Yamaha 36 and 37

I remember the 37 coming out, but the details are a bit fuzzy. How long have you had it in the NW? I've kept Rising Sun at Shilshole, Eagle Harbor, and now Mercer Island. Do you have the yanmar 2qm20? I'll send along a picture soon.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Y-37

Greetings, I bought the 37 from a Canadian who kept it at Semiahmoo. He bought it from the original owner--in fact, the boat in the sales brochure is my boat. This boat may have been the last boat brought over to North America. I Brought it to Seattle to do some work on it, and it's been here ever since. I'm on the waiting list at Edmonds, where I kept the 30, but it'll be a few years before I move there, I'm told. We should get together and do a show and tell.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Another Y-37?

If you were on the Y-37 in Vancouver, are you the Bill I bought the boat from, or did you have a different model of Yamaha that you lived on?

G

George

Yamaha 36 and 37

Hi..I have a Yamaha 25 and live in Olympia, WA. I was following the threads and was wondering --- what is the difference between a Yamaha 36 and 37. If I needed a bigger boat, I would opt for one of the larger Yamahas. On Yachtworld.com I saw a couple of 36s for sale in the Great Lakes. What is your collective input on these boats. Thanks George

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
36's and 37's (and 35's)

Greetings, George, I have a friend who sailed a 36 extensively, and he says that the two are very similar. When I bought my boat, I inherited a few brochures on the other models, and in there was one on a 35CS, with a pinup of a boat with RVYC on the stern. I'm working up a yamaha sailboat website, and when it hits the streets, you'll see the brochures. In the mean time, if you have any information on the 25, I'd like to include it on the site.

G

George

Info on Y-25 for website

Bob: I am in the process of writing an article on Yamaha boats for a sailing magazine. I have collected a fair amount of research, and have brochures for most of the Yamaha boats sold in USA and Cananda. Send me an e-mail at my aol account -- yamaha25@aol.com and we can discuss material for the website. Long over due .... Take care and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. George

F

Fred

Website or Pictures

Can't seem to find any info on Yahama 36 sailboats online

Status
Not open for further replies.