Y 26c

Alk

Dec 12, 2014
YAMAHA YAMAHA 26C GDYNIA
Hi,
I'm probably the only one owner of Y 26c in Europe (actually). Boat is in good condition but hadn't, from the beginning, any stov or rather box-stov. Do you have any knowledge about my chance to purchase the oryginal one somewhere?
Best regards.
Alk.

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Yamaha 26 tall rig Marina Village Alameda, CA
Hi,
I'm probably the only one owner of Y 26c in Europe (actually). Boat is in good condition but hadn't, from the beginning, any stov or rather box-stov. Do you have any knowledge about my chance to purchase the original one somewhere?
Best regards.
Alk.

Personally I believe it would be almost impossible to find an original box-stove cabinetwork for sale anywhere. In all likelihood you will need to have something custom built.

I have a Yamaha 26 tall rig. The box-range (cook-top) was built into an innovative cabinet device that rolls on rails to whatever position you wished. This device is quite different than the one for the 26c which I believe was designed to be fixed in place.

I am sending you a link to a fine example of a Yamaha 26c presently for sale in Sidney, BC. It has a good picture of what you are looking for. Any good cabinet shop could build one for you out of teak to closely match the one in the photo.
http://www.thunderbirdmarine.com/boat-info.php?ID=3298

One more option:
Visit the Yamaha Sailboats dot org link. Perhaps you can get a copy of the plans for building the device from the Japan contact listed in parts. I am not certain if this link will help. Perhaps other can comment on their recent success of failure with getting parts for their boats from Japan.
http://www.yamahasailboats.org/parts.html

Good luck with either finding one or having one built!

Alk

Dec 12, 2014
YAMAHA YAMAHA 26C GDYNIA
Hi jnovie,
thank you for your quick response. You are probably right, that "it would be almost impossible to find an original box-stove cabinetwork for sale anywhere" and it will be only wasting of time and/or money. The example form Sidney is a later version of Ymaha, marked as a "26 CEX" like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6elHClUn8 where you can see very intresting solution of stov-box with gaz cartridge stov (2.02min and from 4.57min) It is as I understand, very simmilar with your's? (but fixed not rolls). I will tray to build or rather to order, something like that, locally in Poland. Could you tell me pls. how you solved your navigational support? Where you mounted chartplotter, VHF, AIS, chart table etc? Do you have some repeaters of instruments inside the cabin? Are you racing or only crousing across this nice SFB?

All the best in New Year!
Alk

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Hi jnovie,
thank you for your quick response. You are probably right, that "it would be almost impossible to find an original box-stove cabinetwork for sale anywhere" and it will be only wasting of time and/or money. The example form Sidney is a later version of Ymaha, marked as a "26 CEX" like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6elHClUn8 where you can see very intresting solution of stov-box with gaz cartridge stov (2.02min and from 4.57min) It is as I understand, very simmilar with your's? (but fixed not rolls). I will tray to build or rather to order, something like that, locally in Poland. Could you tell me pls. how you solved your navigational support? Where you mounted chartplotter, VHF, AIS, chart table etc? Do you have some repeaters of instruments inside the cabin? Are you racing or only crousing across this nice SFB?

All the best in New Year!
Alk

Thanks for sending the video of the 26 CEX. It is a very special presentation of a splendid boat.
My boat is the tall rig version shown on the Yamaha Sailboats dot org site:
http://www.yamahasailboats.org/Y26gallery.html
See the attached image for my nav station. It is located on the starboard side just above the dinette table which I use as a chart table.
Here are answers to the other info you requested.
I have basic speed, depth and compass instruments in the cockpit. I don't have any repeaters. The chart plotter swivels and can give most information (depth, speed, distance, course, etc) except for wind data from the nav station. I have interconnected the chart plotter and VHF radio. I don't have an AIS capable device yet. I also keep a hand held waterproof VHF in the cockpit when sailing. I also have a Raymarine autopilot for the tiller. My wind instrument is simply a Davis 15" vane. The inverter (thin black object) is to the right of the chart plotter. Finally my emergency location instrument is an ACR unit.
I have been using the boat primarily for day sailing on SF Bay. SF Bay is a fabulous sailing venue in all respects and always provides great fun and challenges. The Yamaha 26 has been a great boat in all weather conditions. Most of all, my wife enjoys sailing with me as the boat is very comfortable, forgiving and friendly. My plans are to eventually race both single handed and double handed on the bay and on the ocean.
Here is a link to the Single Handed Sailing Society website. It contains a great deal of valuable info for anyone wishing to race (or cruise) short handed:
http://sfbaysss.org/main/

Wishing you a Great New Year!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Attached are a few images and details of the cook top that came with my version of the boat. I hope they are helpful as you go about designing something for your boat. The interior of the box is entirely stainless steel lined. There are brackets that keep the cook top in place. You can't easily see them but there are also brackets that rotate so that when opened the cook top can be made to gimble (rotate to stay level). When sailing I more often than not slide the entire box out of the way into the port side quarter berth so it is totally out of the way giving the central space an open airy modern feeling. It slides and glides with very little effort. The bottom of the box itself is about 1/2" above the cushions allowing them to stay in place when moving the box.

Attachments

Oct 10, 2015
FAREAST 18 Portsmouth
Witam Pana serdecznie!
Czy jest Pan wciąż zainteresowany kambuzem dla Yamahi 26C?
Z poważaniem,
Sergiusz