WTB O’Day 192 Long Island, NY

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
Hello All,
I grew up sailing Mariners and I’m looking to get back into it with an O’Day 192. I’ve talked to countless people on Long Island who have all seen them around but I can’t find one for sale here in Long Island, NY. Transport is an issue for me so I’m looking for as local of a boat as possible, once I have the boat it’s staying in the water for the rest of the season.

Any help tracking down a local boat is appreciated.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Why the 192? There are beautiful Mariners out there with great support from the Mariner Class Association and Stuart Marine still building them in Rockland, Me. I think they build 192s and sell them used, as well.
https://store.stuartmarine.com

-Will (Dragonfly)

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
Why the 192? There are beautiful Mariners out there with great support from the Mariner Class Association and Stuart Marine still building them in Rockland, Me. I think they build 192s and sell them used, as well.
https://store.stuartmarine.com

-Will (Dragonfly)
I started out looking for a Mariner but found an O’Day 222 for sale and really liked the boat. Unfortunately, the 222 sold before I could grab it. After a little research I realized the 192 would be the compromise between the Mariner and 222. It’s got a better cabin layout than the Mariner (no trunk taking up a lot of space, more headroom) and would be nicer to overnight on with another person on board.

The Mariner is probably the better sailing boat but I’m more interested in the cabin space. Plus, there’s a Mariner in the family still and an active Mariner fleet here in town if I get the itch to race.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Have you looked at the Mariner keel models? A deeper draft for launching, but no cb. They are harder to find but rate better in racing too.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
BTW. Welcome to SBO. You should find no shortage of knowledgable help and a great supportive community here. The Mariner Class Association is also a great one. It sounds like you would benefit, as a Mariner racer, from them, as well.
Good luck in your search.

-Will (Dragonfly)

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
F8568994-805E-4C2F-9CD2-D9822A475C58.jpeg
Thanks for the tips, I ended up putting a deposit on a 1988 192 in PA. The owner can hopefully deliver it on Saturday, can’t wait.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
View attachment 165592 Thanks for the tips, I ended up putting a deposit on a 1988 192 in PA. The owner can hopefully deliver it on Saturday, can’t wait.
Oh, so you bought this in PA? I thought it looked familiar, especially the name. I think that boat lived at Lake Nockamixon.

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
You’re correct, it’s been there a long time. But it’s new home is the Great South Bay on Long Island.