WTB: Lifeline Stanchions, Aft Railing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
That's the downside of living in paradise :)
Once in a while someone parts out an old Mac. Something may turn up.
I am at this moment waiting on a local shop to bid on making a stern rail like the one BWY sells. I'm hoping it won't be as much, it won't have to be shipped either.

Aug 15, 2010
MacGregor 22 Hilo
That's the downside of living in paradise :)
Once in a while someone parts out an old Mac. Something may turn up.
I am at this moment waiting on a local shop to bid on making a stern rail like the one BWY sells. I'm hoping it won't be as much, it won't have to be shipped either.
Thanks Justin. You're right. Maybe something will turn up locally that's adaptable. :)

I'm not really even sure what I need, since the boat didn't come with them in the first place. I wouldn't want something so tall it snags the jib, for instance.

I've seen some M22's that just have small, low grab rails along the cabin roof and toward the bow. Maybe something like that is all I need?

I would like aft railing, though. I checked BWY, but the product descriptions didn't include pictures. I'd like to see what I'm buying. Is there some place where their aft rails can be seen? :confused:

VBR,

Pat

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
This is strange, I was responding to a thread, how did I end up as the originator of the subject?

Anyway, I have pictures of the rail that BWY sells. The pics are from the manufacturer Railmakers. The trouble is it fits a 26C not the 22.
http://www.railmakers.com/yachts/macgregor/macgregor-26classic.htm

I just got the bid from the local company I mentioned. They want double what BWY and Railmakers is asking :eek:

Aug 15, 2010
MacGregor 22 Hilo
This is strange, I was responding to a thread, how did I end up as the originator of the subject?

Anyway, I have pictures of the rail that BWY sells. The pics are from the manufacturer Railmakers. The trouble is it fits a 26C not the 22.
http://www.railmakers.com/yachts/macgregor/macgregor-26classic.htm

I just got the bid from the local company I mentioned. They want double what BWY and Railmakers is asking :eek:
That IS strange! It's like my original post did that weird ol' "Trimuda Berbangle" thing! :laugh: Vanished without a trace! :eek:

Anyhooo...thanks for your help. I went down to Hilo Steel today and my buddy Arnold gave me a good price on 1" Stainless tube.

Then I spent this evening scouring eBay sellers who offer Stainless parts for railing: bases, elbows, corners, etc. One REALLY needs to shop around there! A piece one guy sells for, say, $14, might be as little as $6 from another seller. And shipping varies, too. Most are reasonable, but some are FREE!

Anyway, I don't think I did too badly. I got all the tubing and fittings I'll need to make a railing system with a few "extra features", and altogether everything cost me about $215, shipping included.

I'll show you guys what I came up with when it's done. Film at eleven...:dance:

Thanks again for your help. Always appreciated!

VBR,

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.