Wowza. these AC75 boats have become spaceships

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Quite crazy. Imagine sliding in to leeward of your competitor at the start and heading him up with that foil sticking out to windward!

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Quite crazy. Imagine sliding in to leeward of your competitor at the start and heading him up with that foil sticking out to windward!
Yes that would get the heart rate up a bit I’m sure :)

Do you know of there is any rule re safety that these particular boats have to maintain a certain lateral distance from each other?

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
There might be quite a “rub” if they somehow hooked cant arms going in opposite directions, closing speeds of close to 100 might leave a bit of a mark ;)

Love the sound they make when foiling!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Do you know of there is any rule re safety that these particular boats have to maintain a certain lateral distance from each other?
RRS as far as I know is it. Which, as these are professionals, is all they should need.

• Helpful
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Now I'm wondering why they need bow length past the forestay. The thing's flying on foils. What does all that bow do? Or is it a waterline issue while getting up on the foils? Hull shapes are changing radically. I'm not surprised about the flat aft sections. I'm thinking of a Scow with wings.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Video of how little wind it now takes to foil! Amazing to think that is a 75’ long boat.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
and at the end of the video you see it doesn't even require sails to gain foiling speed :facepalm::laugh: