Would love to change the tiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ron Thweatt

Looking for a new tiller that does not look like a stick Would like to have one that has a great fell in te past I have used one off one of my other boats compac 16 worked great but a little short any Idea let me know thanks Ron

T

Tom Ehmke

Make your own

You can make a tiller to any shape or size you desire as long as it fits the clamp atop the rudder. Just make sure that the length and/or shape allows the tiller to swing a full arc and doesn't create more work for the pilot. Also make sure that it doesn't interfere with cockpit seating any more than your current tiller. You could also call Rudy Nickerson at DandR Marine. Phone number is 508-644-3001. DandR handles all kinds of ODay parts and accessories and he may have a tiller that would work and not look like a stick. (I like the stick on my 272 ;-) )

M

Mike Whalen

I bought one at WEST

I know everyone seems to be ticked off at West but here in the landlocked mountains of east Tennessee there ain't a lot of options. (Love to make one but barely get time to sail much less work wood) I bout the one for the O'day/Catalina 27, nice layup with a lovely upward curve. Just mounted it last week and sailed with it once. I like it. Not at all stick looking! Later, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.