Worth the Monet

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Heil

I'm considering buying a mid 70's 22 o'day. Asking price $3700. Boat is currently on trailer here in myrtle beach. It looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm new to sailing(1 year) and have previosly owned a 16' daysailor. I would like something small enough to sail single handed but big enough for weekend trips for my small family(spouse & 10 year old). The current owner has inside empty,no cushions or portapotty or fresh water tank, as he mostly day sailed it, new bottom paint, good running long shaft outboard, 3 sails , anchors , etc. are with it. Tralor is in so-so shape, although I plan on keeping in a slip 8 months out of the year. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, specifically on ease of sailing,performance,can I make it comfortable as a weekender for the family. ThankYou, Paul

G

George Chamberlain

Great boat...

I have owned mine for just 2 months now, it is great for all the things you mentioned. I would look up the specifics on NADA.com to guestimate a fair price, $3700 sounds on the high end given that there is no inside eqpt, and the trailor is so-so. You can check the motor value on NADA also. You will love the O'Day 22. George Chamberlain Zippity O'Day

J

Jack Jackson

Check out ODays for sale

Check out the boats for sale section of this website. You can easily get an idea what other ODay 22's are selling for. There is a nice looking one for sale in Edenton NC for much less than the one you are looking at. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.