Worn through?

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Are the dark areas what non-skid looks like after being worn through to the glass...

Waiting for seller response - have to invest in a ferry ride to view boat - anyone want to guess?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Could be... or maybe needs some mold and mildew spray

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Time plus UV exposure... Deck and cabin areas show it first, then the hull. There are a ton of boats built in the 70's and into the 80's that are in need of new paint.

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
It would not be a deal breaker for me .It would help lower the price perhaps . We are planning on using Kiwi Grip to amend the same condition on our boat .

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
What did the seller say when you asked about the dark marks on the foredeck?

gary

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
" lower the price perhaps"
Was asking 10, lowered to 7 yesterday. Said I'd give him 5 but am thinking I too generous. Only reason I'm interested at all in that particular one is that unlike many others of it's vintage this one has had the keel shoe added - https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/san-juan-77 - by the original owner who was asking 11 last year sold it to some guy from 'yurp for like 8.2 who was going to take it to Alaska but backed out after he discovered he wasn't up to the task (or maybe it were the boat?!) and then sold it in a hurry for 2 and change to the guy now trying to flip it for a tidy profit.
"Kiwi Grip "
I'm gonna' try this stuff....
...apparently the medium grit gives the best result.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
the dark areas ar where the final coat of resin has worn away-not strutural. When in the mold fiberglassss is VERY transucelnt, so a first coat is always done with a dark color gel coat. Often that gray, or red. THEN the final coats of resin are applied, This allows the crew o see any missed spots
I'd just plan on painting

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Yeah, but think of the history in that boat, if it is who I think owns it???

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Yeah, but think of the history in that boat, if it is who I think owns it???
That's very interesting, Ron. Here it is- Mailport: 30 Amp vs. 50 Amp Shorepower - Practical Sailor -pictured in PS by an article posted by James McGinnis of Annapolis, MD.
That pic originally linked to a letter original owner posted to some on line site requesting they do a review the SJ 7.7.
What do you know and when did you know it?