woodwork care

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John O'Donald

Is the interior woodwork on my 1989 hunter 40 varnished? polyurethane? or oiled? What is the proper way to care for it? teak oil? Pledge? nothing? My woodwork looks pretty good but there are a few areas that have weathered and I would like to do it right the first time thanks, John

P

Paul Akers

Daly's

John. My 1988 vintage Legend 37 is treated with Daly's finish. I think Hunter used Daly's in all their models. It is a thin varnish that dries hard and has a slight coloring. I've used it on new teak cabinets that I has built and was a perfect match. West Marine apparently sells it now or you can buy it direct from Daly's Home Centers in Bellevue and Seattle, Washington. Check the archives for more information. Way back in the Photo Forum I posted a couple of pictures of the finish. Search under "teak cabinets".

P

Paul Akers

Can't find pics

I couldn't find the pics in the archives, but if you want them, contact me thro the Owner's Forum and I will post them again.

R

Ron Hughes

using Daly's Seafin Teak Oil

John, if you apply several coats of Daly's allowing several hours of drying time in between, you get a really high gloss finish, even nicer than stock. You can't rush it tho'! (Don't ask me how I know this!) All Good Wishes! Ron Hughes s/v "Best Revenge" H 40.5

Status
Not open for further replies.