Wooden Flag Staff

Mzlldr

Feb 29, 2020
Sabre 30 MK III Punta Gorda, Florida
I’m looking to buy a nice wooden flag staff for my newly acquired Sabre 30 MK III. Seems that the ones found on Amazon and other sources are not of the best quality. Does anyone know of a company that makes decent wooden flag staffs?
Thanks.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Hate to point you at WM since they're so expensive, but that's where I got a replacement teak flag staff.:beer:

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Taylor Made products has wood & stainless poles as well as flags & mounting accessories.

Mzlldr

Feb 29, 2020
Thanks Kappykaplan. They sell Taylormade Staffs that don’t always get great reviews, but that’s what I’ll probably wind up getting. Was just hoping someone had something better. I take it your staff has held up?

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
I take it your staff has held up?
Absolutely! It's predecessor was another Taylor Made teak staff that I managed to shorten by 3" every time I failed to take the flag down before a dicey docking maneuver (okay, only twice), so I replaced. Good luck! :beer:

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Absolutely! It's predecessor was another Taylor Made teak staff that I managed to shorten by 3" every time I failed to take the flag down before a dicey docking maneuver :beer:
Same here! It hangs up on the dock piling. Otherwise it will last just fine, if you don’t leave it outside continuously.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Keep a look out at Marina swaps and consignment shops. I found a nice one for $3.50 at a consignment shop. Cleaned it up and it will be going on SV Hadley this year when we get back into sailing. I am afraid this Sequester will never end.

Mzlldr

Feb 29, 2020
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ordered the Teak Staff from Whitecap Industries.