Wood for Floor on a DS I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2005
Oday DaySailer Patty K
I'm trying to make a new floor for my '68 DS I. The previous owner (somewhere back in the past) did away wit the floorboardsa and the coaming. I have patterns available to me from a DS Owner nearby but need a source for the wood. Preferably mahogany since I suspect teak is out of my price range.

Oct 4, 2005
Oday DaySailer Prince George
Have the same issue.

I recently purchased a 1970 DS1 which is also missing the floor. The previous owner had some reminents of the old floor which was mohogany. When you say you have a pattern from a friend is this something you could share or explain. Not sure how the original floor was laid out.

Sep 25, 2005
Oday DaySailer Patty K
Pattern for DS I floorboards

Don, I found pics at the link below. One of these days, I will draw off a set from the frined locally and then I'd be glad to mail them to you.

Oct 4, 2005
Oday DaySailer Prince George
Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link. Pictures are great. Now to find some decent priced mohogany. Thanks Don

Sep 25, 2005
Oday DaySailer Patty K
Still looking!

Don, have you had any luck finding mahogany cheaply (or at least reasonably)? I've found enough to do the floor only at between $200 and 1500 dollars.

Jul 13, 2005
- - Rensselaer, NY
New Mast

You can probably get a new one at D&R Marine. But I dont know what shipping will be from Mass. to Fla. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.