Woah! Possible Halloween Spookiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
The Canadian models show this red patch (which may look different if you are viewing this much after my posting) turning into a large, late season, hurricane going right up the east coast and through Chesapeake Bay.

I'm ready to move on but may stay in the area where I have the offer of a dock way up at the end of one of the creeks. Weather won't be suitable for heading south until Wednesday or Thursday so I have some time to track this.

This could be material for some interesting posts.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
the red patch was moving westward, now the models predict it to go northward...straight up....good luck-- be safe---

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
Td 18

It's now a tropical depression (TD #18) A tropical depression is an organized system of clouds and thunderstorms with a defined, closed surface circulation and maximum sustained winds of less than 34 knots (39 mph). It has no eye and does not typically have the organization or the spiral shape of more powerful storms.

Attachments

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
wow--as it foms, it comes toward costa rica, then finds self at cuba and runs north.....

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
NOAA now has a track on it showing it going to the east side of the Bahamas, anyone's guess after that.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
A good article, Roger.
Artemis is already on the hard so I won't need to enact a plan like that.

Mar 8, 2011
Ranger 33 Norfolk
Thanks for the heads up! I hope it veers East so I don't have to strip the boat. . .that would be a bummer of a way to end the season :doh:

Mar 21, 2004
Hunter 356 Cobb Island, MD
Hey Roger

Was coming down thru Great Bridge and heard a boat calling and its callsign was Strider. Thought it was you. Called him and asked if that was you. He didn't know of you or that another Strider was moving around. When I saw him at Alligator bridge he was a double ender .

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
October climatology

from the National Hurricane Center:

The attached figure shows the zones of origin and tracks for October. It only depicts average conditions. Hurricanes can originate in different locations and travel much different paths from the average. Nonetheless, having a sense of the general pattern can give you a better picture of the average hurricane season for your area.

Attachments

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
old paths and old tracks did nothing whatsoever to help with jova last year---lol... good luck and hunker down-- hope all is well for y'all..looks like models are showing a helluva merge up mid -atlantic coast!
..we still watching our slow grow in pacific--has remained at 10 percent for a while--then is spozed to grow...hooyaahh...just hope this one doesnt come into banderas bay....

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Alligator on bridge?

Was coming down thru Great Bridge and heard a boat calling and its callsign was Strider. Thought it was you. Called him and asked if that was you. He didn't know of you or that another Strider was moving around. When I saw him at Alligator bridge he was a double ender .
Did you mean the draw bridge?

Alligator bridge he was a double ender? What kind of double ender? Was he an Atkins design? Did you take picture? U stopping to see Wanda?

Ed K

Was it this one?

Attachments

Mar 21, 2004
Hunter 356 Cobb Island, MD
No, different boat. Looked like he was from Delaware. We passed him after the swing bridge at Alligator River..

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
No, different boat.
I saw that double ender named "Strider" in Jekyll Creek last year. There are a number of "Strider"'s around, including another (45 foot Gulfstar) with the homeport of Portland. I thought only one name was permitted per port but it evidently slipped through.

Jun 28, 2005
Hunter H33 2004 Mumford Cove,CT & Block Island
Reminds me of the "Perfect Storm".
The 1991 Perfect Storm, also known as the Halloween Nor'easter of 1991, was a nor'easter that absorbed Hurricane Grace and ultimately evolved into a small hurricane late in its life cycle. Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.