Wiring new TV

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Hi - I have a 2004 Hunter 41 with the stock TV setup and want to replace the small Aquos TV. I see recommendations for AC/DC televisions, but am not sure how to wire - it looks like the current setup is powered through an AC adapter, probably on a small inverter. Seems silly to buy an AC/DC TV and just hook it up to AC through an inverter. Does anyone have any experience with the wiring setup and have any suggestions on best way to wire in a new TV ?

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Keep it simple and more efficient and get a 12 volt TV - here's a previous conversation on this:

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
We didn't need tv too much when out sailing, so I routed ac over to our starboard side and mounted our ac Tv there.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Because of the large voltage fluctuation possible on the 12v system, some TVs wired directly to the boat’s 12VDC circuit (bypassing the step-down brick) have reportedly been damaged. We experienced that ourselves some years ago.

if for only that reason, you may be better off buying a traditional 120VAC TV ( which is usually cheaper too) and only running the inverter when away from shore power or genset use.