wiring mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Larry Connolly

I have a pull switch on the Yanmar instrument panel. At first I thought it might be an engine stop cable. On closer inspection the switch is wired to a 12 volt feed that is part of the original harness. The wire is labeled LASW, there seems to be nothing currently hooked to it as having it on/off makes no difference. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar switch. Thanks Larry

N

Nathan Needel

Engine cut solinoid

The switch may be to energize a solinoid that kills the engine? Where is your engine cut off now?

L

Larry

engine cut off

nathan, i don't think it's an engine cutt off. if so, it's not working. currently on my 2QM15, you throttle down all the way and the engine stops. not the best system, but according to my mechanic, common on this model engine. the shop manual describes a engine stop cable set up, but no solenoid.

Mar 24, 2007
Whitby Alberg 30 Middle River MD
tach light switch?

I had a 299 some years ago I think there was a similar unused switch. I figured it was a switch for illuminating the optional tachometer(which I didn't have). jim

May 11, 2006
- - Sarasota, FL
Engine cut

I have a 3gm30F and it has a lever on the injection pump that kills the motor. That lever was originally activated via a solenoid. Now I am using a cable that comes up to the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.