Wiring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony

I'm going to install a 12V receptacle next to the power panel on my 240. I took the panel out last night to check out the wiring before I cut a hole for the receptacle. I can't figure out where the negative wire (usually black) is attached to the power panel. The positive is very easy to spot. It attaches to the lower fuse and all the positive fuse terminals are wired in parallel. No sign of the negative though. Can anyone out there who has done some wiring on the 240 help me out?

J

John

Not In The Panel

The ground plane is not in the panel. All black leads are tied together. Mine is right below the panel.

P

Per Albinsson

Yellow negative wiring

In our 2000 240 the negative wires are yellow. The thick one from the battery lies loose under the panel and all yellow wires are connected with a bolt and nut. The installation of the panel was no good; the positive wire losened from the connection by itself, and the hole in the frame and the grp was to small. The panel had been forced into place and the contacts bent. /Per

B

Brad Amundson

Lets call it a ground post.

Everyone is saying yellow wire and think thats correct; that wire makes its way from the battery to the fuse panel. At the end of its journey it connects to a metal post that hangs loosely and is wrapped with electrical tape so not to short agansist the hot leads. This post would be your negative or ground side to hooking all electrical needs. Mine has screws in it which allows you to simply add additional toys. Thats what makes this all so fun. It has to be there because all systems will have equal hot and negative wires running to that panel. I hope that helps. Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.