wiring for sirius21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2013
Sirius 21 Rimouski
Wiring diagram for Sirius21 , new owner, I'm looking to add electrical panel and want to connect head, tail and cabin lights. Any help welcomed. Tks

Jul 1, 2013
Sirius 21 Rimouski
Here's what I found. Black &green wires running from bow lights and stern light. Red and black wires from cabin lights. All these wires arrive next to keel winch. Of course, all this was found on trial and error...but now all lights works fine.

Jul 19, 2009
Vandestadt & McGruer Sirius 21 #190 Dayton Ohio
No panel?

Does your Sirius not have a panel? Mine looks factory. We have added lots of wiring to our boat but still utilizing the original wiring for the cabin lights, stern light, and bow light. Since we have owned it I have redone the mast wiring, replaced/added mast lights (steaming, anchor, deck) and replaced the deck plug that goes to the mast. Also added shore power, depth sounder, and battery charger. I followed Don Casey's advise in his book on sailboat electrics.

Jul 1, 2013
Sirius 21 Rimouski
Hi shanester, thanks for response.
No mine did not have a panel. I added one.
The only electrical was a switch connecting all wires from cabin, running lights and battery.
I rigged a spool of 14gauge wire with clamps to check for continuity and was able to identify wires in pairs for running lights. Now I have a working panel with individual switching for cabin lights, running lights, vhf radio, bilge pump, 1 auxiliary and a spare for future use.
I am however interested in mast wiring so I'll checkout the reference. Many thanks

Jul 19, 2009
Vandestadt & McGruer Sirius 21 #190 Dayton Ohio
There are a few things that stand out from my memory of wiring our mast over ten years ago. The first one was that I used tinned wiring and that goes for everything that I have wired on our boat. The original wiring on our Sirius was not tinned and it is corroded. The other thing I did was to fill the mast with packing peanuts after wiring (make sure they are not water soluble). This prevents the new wiring from banging around and chafing from all the screws and other sharp objects inside the mast over the next how ever many years. In order to do this I removed the masthead cap and duct taped my shop-vac to it. To prevent the peanuts from going into the vac I must have used a piece of screen over the end of the hose before taping it to the mast but for some reason I can't remember that part. Turned on the vac and fed the packing peanuts from the other end until the mast was full. The last couple of feet of filling it were very slow going because the suction was reduced so much. It would have probably helped if I had tilted the mast up from horizontal to have gravity work in my favor. I made a plastic cap that fit the inside (it is recessed a little) of the mast and caulked it in. As a bonus this cap also prevents wasps and birds from nesting inside when the stick is down. If you trailer a lot it also keeps out road bugs. With over 40,000 miles of trailering our Sirius I have seen a lot of bugs stuck to this cap that would have accumulated in the mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.