Wiring for navigation lights

May 10, 2013
Catalina 2001 400 MKII Charleston SC
I need to replace the wiring for my starboard navigation light. I can get to the wiring thru the recess panel in the anchor locker. However the existing wiring is stuck at the base of the bow pulpit stanchion. Don't know why I can't pull the 10" existing wire down thru the stanchion. Does anyone know how to work the existing wiring loose so I can pull a new wire? I'm stuck just like the wire...what do I need to do?

Troubled in Charleston SC!:dance:

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I will bet the base of the hole at the deck is sealed. I had the same issue with my 270, but at the pedestal guard. If you can reach the bottom hole from the anchor locker try a small long blade screwdriver to chisel out the sealant. It'll take a while. If you can't reach it from the bottom try something stiff and long and push it down from the top to do the same. I am assuming you don't care what kind of shape the old wiring is once you get finished with it. That's all I got.

May 10, 2013
Catalina 2001 400 MKII Charleston SC
Steve,

Thanks for the information. I finally removed the bolts for the bow stanchion and found over an 1 inch of sealant in the hole surrounding the wire at the base of the hole. Using a razor blade knife I removed the sealant and was able to pull the old wire out. Now I can pull new wire.

Chuck