Wiring Diagrams for a 2009 Beneteau 31

May 10, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Beaver Lake, Roger, AR.
I am looking for a link to a comprehensive, downloadable, wiring diagram / manual for a 2009 Oceanis 31. Can anyone provide a link or point me in the right direction? Sorry if this has been covered in a different post. I didn't see it and the search function did not pull it up for me.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Here’s the diagram from the owner’s manual for the 37 -
1603913868574.png

The 37 is the same series as the 31 so it could be a start. Unfortunately they don’t have any more detailed diagram.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
This is for a 2014 34, see if it has what you are looking for (is it something specific?). You might try contacting Beneteau customer service to see if they have digital documentation available for your model. I know it was a little later on, but I have a PDF copy of my entire owners manual. @Davidasailor26, check out the linked file as well, if you don't have a PDF copy of the manual.
Dropbox linked PDF

May 10, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Beaver Lake, Roger, AR.
The reason I am asking this is that during a storm I lost electrical power at the Dock. The breaker on the shore power was not rest and I have no charger for almost three weeks. Yes Batteries went dead. After many different steps and fully charging new house batteries, I used the multi meter to look at amp draw with the isolation switches in the off position and the on position. I also took readings at the battery and at both sides of the switch. In all cases they read 1.65 - 1.71 amps. This is not a large boat and the bilge is 100% dry. Is this kind of a draw normal? seems high to me. I am looking for as much information on the electrical system as I think I need to start tracing

May 17, 2004
This is for a 2014 34, see if it has what you are looking for (is it something specific?). You might try contacting Beneteau customer service to see if they have digital documentation available for your model. I know it was a little later on, but I have a PDF copy of my entire owners manual. @Davidasailor26, check out the linked file as well, if you don't have a PDF copy of the manual.
Dropbox linked PDF
Thanks. Seeing your picture reminds me that I have seen something like that for the 37. I think I have it in paper on the boat.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
In all cases they read 1.65 - 1.71 amps. This is not a large boat and the bilge is 100% dry. Is this kind of a draw normal? seems high to me. I am looking for as much information on the electrical system as I think I need to start tracing
Yes, sounds very high. Best way to find out is to turn stuff off, one by one.
Here's some more Beneteau wiring diagrams I've collected.

Attachments

May 17, 2004
The reason I am asking this is that during a storm I lost electrical power at the Dock. The breaker on the shore power was not rest and I have no charger for almost three weeks. Yes Batteries went dead. After many different steps and fully charging new house batteries, I used the multi meter to look at amp draw with the isolation switches in the off position and the on position. I also took readings at the battery and at both sides of the switch. In all cases they read 1.65 - 1.71 amps. This is not a large boat and the bilge is 100% dry. Is this kind of a draw normal? seems high to me. I am looking for as much information on the electrical system as I think I need to start tracing
That does sound a little high. On the 37 the parasitic draws are:
  • Remote controlled courtesy light radio receiver: 11mA (bypasses isolation switch)
  • Bilge pump electronic water sensor + stereo memory circuit: 11mA (bypasses isolation switch)
  • DC panel with all switches off: 150 mA
  • Led on DC panel that indicates bilge pump in auto mode: 7mA
  • Circuitry activated by main breaker on DC panel when everything else is off: 14mA
  • Wireless VHF handset on charger: 510 mA (may depend on handset state of charge)

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
You probably have this manual BENETEAU OCEANIS 31 Owner's Manual (Page 137 of 138) | ManualsLib

It has no wiring diagram. The manual does shows that there are only 1 Red disconnect for the Engine Battery and 1 Red disconnect for the Service batteries, and 1 Black disconnect (Ground).

Note that most Bene's have the charger connected directly to the batteries bypassing those switches. When you took the current draw was the charger turned off and all switches turned off.

Difficult to diagnose over the web.

Good Luck

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I have a light with a switch on the back side of the instrument pedestal. The switch is in the absolute perfect position to accidentally turn the light on by bumping up against it as you open or close the companionway door. It's an incandescent light, not an LED, so it could draw a decent amount of current. Also, things like the reading lights on the foreword bulkhead or in the berths.