Wiring Diagram for Oday 25

Jun 10, 2011
1977 O'day 25 25 5ft fin keel Pemaquid Me.
I recently came into possession of a 25' O'day, It seems solid, however the wiring is toast, Literally. Does anyone have a wiring diagram they would care to share? dwh39@aol.com. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Be well and safe,
Dave H

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Hi Dave,
I have the electrical diagrams for the 25. Send me a PM so I remember and I will try to remember to e-mail it to you tomorrow.

Aug 2, 2012
Oday 25 Branched Oak Lake, Lincoln, NE
Hey Ward,

Perhaps you will get a lot of these requests but, being an O'Day 25 owner myself, I would also be very interested in that wiring diagram if you can email it easily. If not, I would be happly to pay postage or a reasonable fee. Thanks,

John B.
Jboucher@neb.rr.com

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
John and Dave,
Check your e-mail. I sent the electrical diagrams for the O'day 25. If you have trouble with them, let me know.

John, I occasionally see a post where someone is looking for the diagrams. I then get a few requests while the thread is near the top. Then they drop off for a while.
I found them valuable for my O'day when I found the complete one on this site. I cleaned it up a bit and broke it up so I could have them a larger size.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Jack, Sure can. If you don't see them by the end of the weekend, post a reminder.
Probably will forget by the time I get home tonight.

Feb 17, 2015
O'Day 25 Lands End Marina
Ward, I just double checked. I don't seem to have it. jacko617@gmail.com Thanks jack
Hello, my name is Penny. My husband Frank and I are renovating a 1978 O'Day from scratch. We acquired the boat already ripped apart and we are now in the process of putting it back together. A diagram of the wiring would be rally helpful since we have just taped off wires here and there. Would your diagram help us here? Thank you. I don't know what year your boat was in the email thread.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Hi Penny,
PM me an email address and I will send you the diagrams. They should be close, I think they are for a 79. They appear to match my 1980 model which I just pulled the old panel out of in preparation for installing a new panel.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Jack,
Just tried sending them again. Send in 3 emails due to size.

May 22, 2004
Oday 23 Bullock's Cove, RI
Ward, Thanks so much for the e-mails with the diagrams. Yes they do help with the general approach Punta Marine used when wiring the O'days. It provides a good place for me to start to rationalize my wiring.

Feb 17, 2015
O'Day 25 Lands End Marina
Hello, my name is Penny. My husband Frank and I are renovating a 1978 O'Day from scratch. We acquired the boat already ripped apart and we are now in the process of putting it back together. A diagram of the wiring would be rally helpful since we have just taped off wires here and there. Would your diagram help us here? Thank you. I don't know what year your boat was in the email thread.
Jack, Ward was able to send me the drawings. Thanks for checking. Penny

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
All,
I found that my 1980 O'day wiring does not go down the starboard side of the boat as shown in the 79 O'day 25 wiring diagram. I found out the hard way that the forward running lights, bow (steaming) light, stern light and port compass light cables all run under the bridge deck, then turn to port at the bulkhead. They then go up to above the cabin liner where the stern light cable goes aft and the other three go forward.
In mounting my depth sounder I found there was a 1" cavity in the bulkhead. Today I drilled up from the bottom to run the wires hidden in the bulkhead instead of down the front of it. I drilled right into the wire harness.
In the photo you can see where I drilled. The light is the one over the galley and the wood is the bulkhead teak where the DC Panel is installed.
I was able to splice into the forward running lights cable (white cable in pic) and will tie into the stern light cable further aft. The two black wires are from the depth sounder. I will be covering them with some teak trim.
After I did that I ran a new cable forward to the mast and found path I can use to run a new forward running light cable to get rid of that splice.

Attachments