Wire through hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2005
Hunter 37.5 Olympia, WA
I'm installing a radar dome on my split backstay (Radar On The Level) on my '94 Legend 37.5. The wire will be zip tied to the starboard backstay to where the starboard backstay attaches to the deck. From there it must go through the hull. 1) Any suggestions as to where that wire should go through the hull? 2) Any recomendations as to hardware or proceedures for going through the hull? All advice as always greatly appreciated. Glen

Jul 17, 2005
Hunter 37.5 Bainbridge Island - West of Seattle
I assume you mean on the deck, not hull.

There're plenty of room on the deck surface without having to drill through the hull. I have a '92 37.5, and I have my wiring go through the deck into the stern cockpit locker. There is a narrow flat area just behind the stern rail. You can drill a hole and install a grommet (a rubber doughnut like thing)into the hole, and when you push the wiring thru the middle of the grommet, it will expand and make it water tight. The grommet also has a metal collar and can tighten it some more. Where are you planning to place the radar's display head?

Aug 20, 2005
Hunter 37.5 Olympia, WA
Mounting the display

I guess I wasn't really thinking of through the hull but just somewhere through the boat. I'm mounting the display on the pedistal guard. It looks like it would be best to get the wire into the starboard aft locker rather than the lazerette as I'd have to drill from the laz into the locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.