Winterizing an Oday 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2005
- - Buffalo
I just bought an Oday 25. The boat had been stored for about a year, and when I opened it up I found a lot of water in the cabin and the bilge. This is my first boat, so I am just learning my way around, and winter is coming fast to Buffalo. Can anyone tell me how I would go about draining the water in the bilge, where the bilge pump is located on this model (if there is one) and any other helpful winterizing tricks?

M

Mike

Starboard cockpit locker

Steve, I have a '76 and mine is a hand pump just inside the starboard cockpit bench locker with the drain hose running out the transom. As I open that locker the pump is fastened to the inside of the cockpit side wall. You should see some kind of hose in the bilge. If not you may not have a pump. Mine has one hose and after pumping dry whichever side its on I have to move it to the other side. I don't have much trouble with water (knock on wood or simulated fiberglass)but I suppose you could add a Y and drain both sides without moving the hose. Good luck.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 25 Amherst, NH
electric

Mine is a Rule electric pump. It is under the floorboards next to the crank for the center board or that stand that holds up the table. Get it bone dry and cover the boat for the winter as probably the deck or port lights are leaking. Water in the bilge over the winter can freeze and that's not good. You also need to antifreeze the water system and drains so they don't freeze. Use that pink RV stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.