Winter Cover

Oct 22, 2007
Catalina 310 Keuka Lake NY
I recently purchased a 2013 310. It is soon to be going on the hard for winter. Does anyone know if there is an "off the shelf" winter cover available for Catalina 310's?

Ted Pinelli

WBP93

Sep 5, 2015
Catalina 310 Kerr Lake, NC
Ted
I just purchased a 2005 310 and it came with a winter cover from "shipshapecanvas.com". Not sure if is off the shelf or not, but it fits like a glove. Hope this helps.
Bill

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Congrats on the purchase.

I know the sail maker in Fairhaven, MA makes really nice covers. Ours was made by the company in Marblehead, MA but I never really liked it. It didn't come down around the toe rail far enough and would blow up in high winds. So we always got some snow driven wind under it. So check that aspect out when you buy one. Also, ours just used the boom and a halyard at the bow. I would have preferred one with a frame.

Good luck and fair winds,

Jesse

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
Will the mast be up or down? If it's down, then you can use the mast as a ridge pole and just get a large tarp from Home Depot.

Cheers

Matt

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
If WPB93 has a ShipShape cover, that means Jim still has the pattern. You cant go wrong....

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
I have a cover that is semi custom for the 310 with two zip together pieces - mast forward held up by halyard and mast aft over the boom. Used about 8-10 years. Now shrink wrapping. If anyone wants it, pay a nominal sum plus shipping.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
I am curious Bob what you think about the advantages of shrink wrapping as you already have a cover.
I shrink wrap but like the economy of a cover.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 2005 36 MK II (1656) Lake Texoma
Hello Bob,

I am usually lurking in the backgroud trying to learn. Sorry I don't havemuch to share. I would like to dicuss you cover if is is still available. You can send a private message to jtacqua@aol.com
Thank you and thank you ALL for the wonderful information on these great boats.

Jay

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Our Cover came with the boat and it sounds like Jesses and Bobs, 3 sections, 1 draped over the boom, one held up by a halyard over the bow and a third stern section. All are zippered together -Had to have all the stitching re-done this year as it had rotted off, But back in shape now. Unknown who made it but it also does NOT cover the gunnel. I have it tied down really good and it works! Not the best BUT it works.There is a Canadian company that makes really awesome covers BUT its like $4.5K .
Welcome Jay and if you have not done so Please Join the association. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 2005 36 MK II (1656) Lake Texoma
Alan, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I am a member of the association. I Lake sail in Texoma. So I am blessed to have fresh water and reasonable mild weather most of the time. On the other hand it is the same view every day. Maybe one day I will get to explore beyond "the lake".

Our boat is hull 299. Model year 2005.
s/v Doctor's Orders

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
When I bought the boat new in 2001 I shrink wrapped for the first two years and then boat the cover for about $1,500 to save money over the yearly DR costs - I have friends who do their own SR but that's not my thing. About 10 years later I went back to SR quite frankly because as I aged ungracefully the prospect of wrestling with the two piece cover 10 ft above the ground was no longer attractive.

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Bob,
Have you checked your Private Messages?
Russ

When I bought the boat new in 2001 I shrink wrapped for the first two years and then boat the cover for about $1,500 to save money over the yearly DR costs - I have friends who do their own SR but that's not my thing. About 10 years later I went back to SR quite frankly because as I aged ungracefully the prospect of wrestling with the two piece cover 10 ft above the ground was no longer attractive.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Thank you Bòb for that perspective. I sr for much the same reason. Also I would have to store the cover somewhere. There are advantages to both.