Winter Cover

RCK

Mar 10, 2014
Beneteau 411 Mooney Bay, NY
I'm looking at a winter cover made by Sea Canvas based in NJ. Has anyone had experience with this product?

Nov 24, 2012
I'm looking at a winter cover made by Sea Canvas based in NJ. Has anyone had experience with this product?[/QUOT

Going on my 4th year with the cover for my 423. Fit perfectly even though we're located in ohio. Cover is in three parts and can be installed in about 45 min by myself. Figured the break even over shrink wrap was about 2-1/2 years

Jun 4, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 352 NYC
I used Fairclough -www.fairclough.com. Great Cover for last two years and still looks brand new. My breakeven was about the same as Captn TJ's. Although mine is one piece it takes only about 15 mins to cover the boat but it is done when I want and not on someone else's schedule. Plus, it's better for the environment.

Nov 24, 2012
Whichever one you chose - a quick tip is to put it in the boat at the dock before the boat is hauled. Easier than lifting it while climbing a ladder.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I'm on my seventh season with a Fairclough cover. TG has it right. There is a lot of canvas to try scaling the boat with it on your shoulders! Get it on before you haul. I was curious if anyone has laundered a canvas cover. Mine still looks pretty good and is in great shape but it's starting to show dirt. I'd like to wash it while it's on the boat but that's not an easy task.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I'm going into year nine with a full canvas cover in northern Michigan. I will definitely need to replace it next year, but is overall far less costly than shrink wrapping every year, and I have seen shrink wrap jobs that haven't made it through a winter.

Blitz

Jul 10, 2007
Seidelmann 34 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Whichever one you chose - a quick tip is to put it in the boat at the dock before the boat is hauled. Easier than lifting it while climbing a ladder.
If puttng it on the boat before tge boat is hauled you can use your haylard or block and tackle off your boom to hoist the three separate sections on deck. I believe the Sea Canvas material is not too heavy.

Nov 24, 2012
If puttng it on the boat before tge boat is hauled you can use your haylard or block and tackle off your boom to hoist the three separate sections on deck. I believe the Sea Canvas material is not too heavy.
The three separate Sea Canvas sections for my 423 are both light and easy to manage - but I still prefer to put on the boat vs hauling them up while on the hard.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 46 Georgetown YB
Excellent Cover & Great Guy

Carl at Sea Canvas is great. I bought a winter cover for my B46 from him about 4 years ago. When I installed an arch to support my solar panels a couple years later he came from Egg Harbor to the boat in Riverside, measured the arch mounts, took the cover & made the modifications, then brought it back a couple weeks later. All at no charge. I recommend him highly.

FWIW -- I install the cover when the boat is on the hard.

Attachments