Windy.com update

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Poking around on the Windy app this morning I came across what appears to be a new or updated feature. Current data.
Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.54.46 AM.png
Here is a screen shot of Deception Pass data for today. Each of the ship icons is a data point with its own data. It appears you will not need to do the adding and subtracting from the Seattle Base data points in order to time your travel through some of the passages we use. This could be a real aid to your trip planning, if I am correct. I have not cross-referenced the data to my tide tables of the locations I have experience.

Take a look and compare the reported information with the local knowledge we all have. then report back your findings. Can we trust this site data.

On the surface this could be quite a nice tool to use for cruise planning in the Puget Sound. One site with weather, wind and currents.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2009
Hunter 420 Olympia WA
Nice all in one app.
I have been using deepzoom.com for tide and current data. Great visual representation of currents and very easy to change date and time for future planning.

--Jim

Oct 22, 2014
Jim I have and still use Deepzoom.com great graphics and user friendly interface. Then I would access windy to see if i have wind to sail or motor. I often just need to know current speed and depth of tide change finding it in one place looked cool.

I'll have to see it for a couple of trips but first blush is positive.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Anyone using Windy.com that has subscribed to their “Premium“, is it worth the price for the added features?

Oct 22, 2014
How I use the app I find it valuable to get a more complete look at the patterns that influence the weather over longer time segments. Not needed for the casual what’s happening with the weather today and tomorrow.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Anyone using Windy.com that has subscribed to their “Premium“
Yes I have Premium , for me it is worth it. Now in my second year as Premium.

They are working on app or calculations, that let you Input your sailboat specifications and then warns you of various sea states and winds.

Jim...