Windward sheeting cars

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Worth it? Me, I am not knowing how one lets the car down in a puff w/o leaving the rail? Tug on windward sheet and car releases?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Depends on how it is rigged, I do it all the time. I sheet in the main and then hold the traveller line and ease it in a puff and pull it back up. Longer traveller line?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Harken windward car? It works by releasing a traveler line with not under load. This allows the car to be dragged to windward WITHOUT having to manually release the leeward side. No more trying to pull the car up but its held down on the leeward line. Slick idea, but not perfect. In light airs it will often release the windward side, a real PITA. Most find the regular car with a single line to be the best setup. This allows you to blow the leeward side by pulling on the non-working end.

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Yeah...

Guestion is if I'm sitting to windward and want to ease how to let car down w/o pulling leeward line?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Yeah...

Guestion is if I'm sitting to windward and want to ease how to let car down w/o pulling leeward line?
trust me that is never a problem. The windward control line is working very hard to keep there. Ease the windward line, and the car slides down.

Last edited: