Windows, oh those leaky windows

Aug 4, 2015
Catalina 30 Gibralter Boat Yard
Good all, and thanks in advance for any help given.
I have an 1983 Catalina 30. I am removing and resealing all windows. I have the kit for the stationary windows but the window in the head and aft bunk are sliders. The material that the windows slid in (it's like a felt) is rotted away. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement kit for these windows? These are aluminum framed windows.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
I d try a rv camper store first. Then good old Mac Master Carr online. Good luck with it.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
Yeah, it's almost like a mesh, not the normal rubber gasket the other windows use....I just took mine apart today and was thinking the same thing.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Also consider an Autoshop or an Auto online store. They make a variety of felt channel inserts to smooth the slide of windows.

Another idea might be online window manufactures. You may find a distributor of their products with a felt channel insert.

Aug 4, 2015
Thanks sailem, I was going to contact Wallside Windows and pick their brains.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Catalina Direct. They have most everything you may need, and many things you never knew you couldn't live without

Aug 4, 2015
Catalina Direct only has the kit for non slider windows. They could not point me in any direction other than buy new windows @ $277.00 ea. I'm NOT spending $600 on two small windows.