Windows for 1975 Cal 2 34

Nov 11, 2016
CAL 2 34 Squalicum Harbor
Does anyone know where I can purchase or have made new windows for my Cal 2 34? Starboard side windows cracked and crazed from the original wood cookstove which has long since been removed. I've been searching everywhere for them and have heard of a man named Mark in California who makes them but I have had no success in locating any of the above. I am restoring the boat so would like to stick with the original design.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Faith
S/V Sea Jewel

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
Is it just the lens you need or the entire window assembly with frames?... the lens is easy, but the original style frames will be a bit more difficult and probably more expensive than they are worth...
The polycarbonate lens's that are frameless and bolt to the side of the cabin trunk are much stronger and more leak proof for a longer period of time, when installed correctly.
They can be made from 3/8 or 1/2 material, with a uv repellent and abraision resistent coating, or just plain.... a sheet of 3/8, which is enough for the 4 windows of the salon in the plain, clear plexiglass can be purchased for $200... the tinted colors and the coated material costs more.

Nov 11, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I need the entire window assembly as i chipped the outside frame when trying to get the lens out. I know there are other ways to go that are probably cheaper but I really want to restore her to her original .... just can't find them anywhere or anyone who will make them.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When I spoke with him last summer, he said he worked on many of the CAL boats. Knew about the window designs. Has plastic designed products that fit the former aluminum extruded designs. Not sure of the costs but suspect not cheap. We talked about my windows and was helpful in suggesting replacement/repair ideas.
http://www.markplastics.com/
Owner Mark Heacox
Address: 369 E. Harrison St. Unit G Corona CA 92879
Phone: (951) 735-7705
Email address: markplastics@hotmail.com

Nov 11, 2016
Thanks so much John. It's good to hear from someone who has worked with him. I'm excited to finally find him. Thanks for the link and info.
Happy Sailing
Faith
S/V Sea Jewel