Window Conversion?

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I was curious if anyone has replaced or knows of a good match to replace, some of the fixed port windows on either side of a C30 with opening hatches? I have to pull the windows out anyways to re-seal them and figured while I'm doing it why not replace some of them with opening ports to get some more ventilation.

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbup:

Feb 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII Pasadena, MD
Try Catalina Direct, this web pages has a bunch. I think the ones that came on my 87 C30 are Lewmar, I'm sure of the size since I'm not at the boat.

Feb 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII Pasadena, MD
That's weird I put the URL in the prior post and it showed up as an advertisement.

May 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Lake Lanier
. . . why not replace some of them with opening ports to get some more ventilation.
If the windows are open during a rain, they will let the rain in when open unless you put on those silly looking 'eyebrows'. If it is not raining, just open the companionway hatch and/or remove the hatch boards.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
Catalina direct sells them. I've been looking at them for my 30. They are a little pricey.
I was looking at their website but they have several different sizes and I wasn't sure if any were a direct replacement for the fixed windows.