Wind Song - Galley Update

May 4, 2015
Well some progress in the Galley to share, new counter top, sink and faucet, both by scanvik, sink is much deeper, combination faucet should be much better. New formica, an off white, was previously robins egg blue, a proper hinged storage compartment and removable fiddle board copied from her sister Bound Home! Refer box still a work in progress. BR Lloyd
IMG_0593.jpg

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
clearly you are a good caretaker of that spectacular alden designed vessel. it's seakindlyness is known by few. it is a hoot to sail in all conditions. like a 50's airstream they are special campers and not modern condos. enjoy, enjoy. enjoy :)

May 4, 2015
Thanks for your comments Jon, ticking off projects one by one, just limited by $$$, but I am making headway. The more I sail her, the more I appreciate her. A lot of system upgrades so far, nav/comm, electrical, stove, propane system, main sheet traveler, winches, bilge pump, head/holding tk, among other expensive items. Making progress, looking forward to new sails in another year!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
clearly you are a good caretaker of that spectacular alden designed vessel.
:plus:
I can only imagine what a pleasure working on a beauty like that is.
Thanks for posting; you do very nice work.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 4, 2015
Thanks Will, while my selection of materials and components, the work is done by the excellent craftsmen at Concordia, in Massachusetts

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
They do nice work! The entire countertop is removable, I'm assuming. How much work is it to do so? The SS bent trim was a piece Alden used often. It's amazing how much more of a step it is from the cockpit on the Caravelle vs the Challenger. Much more height in the Caravelle galley for storage. There's no step from bridge deck to galley in the Challenger, and less storage.

May 4, 2015
Tom, I think it came out pretty easy in once piece, i had them reuse the ss trim. Interesting on the step down, I have not been on a Challenge yet, but looking forward too it. BR Lloyd

May 4, 2015
I visited Wind Song last week, looking great! She is coming along, lots of work completed, and more projects planned. Never ending but by next summer should be stunning!