Will buy a 150 Genoa and need info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebsail

Nov 28, 2010
O day 25 Nyack. New York
I want to order a 150 genoa for my Oday 25 centerboarder. Has anyone bought one recently and from what sailmaker. We you satisfied? How high was the clew. Was the clew above lifeline height? Does it sheet to the track on the cockpit coaming? I would like to order it this week so a quick reply would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ernie

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
Is it hanked on or roller furling?
This site is good, they use Doyle Sails. Prices are good. Close to what you get with the seasonal discount. I had a local Doyle make mine. Satisfied with mine. Any good local sailmaker should cut a decent sail. Can't go far wrong with any national loft.
When you do hook up with a loft they should ask for measurements as far as mast height, forestay length, track location and length. Good time to buy a sail.

Rich

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Sailboat sails

Is it hanked on or roller furling?
This site is good, they use Doyle Sails. Prices are good. Close to what you get with the seasonal discount. I had a local Doyle make mine. Satisfied with mine. Any good local sailmaker should cut a decent sail. Can't go far wrong with any national loft.
When you do hook up with a loft they should ask for measurements as far as mast height, forestay length, track location and length. Good time to buy a sail.

Rich
==== // ====

Guys,

Over the years we have had this discussion many times. I know of a couple of who swear by North.

Years ago I had experience with Doyle and their loft at City Island New York. Service was good at that time.

Remember our host has a deal with a loft, and therefore you should consider him.

When it comes to sails I have learned a few things. So here are my comments.

Deal with a loft you trust. Preferably a loft that cuts and sews the sails itself. That would be a local loft that would help you measure and fit sails.

This will cost about 50% more that national loft who most likely contracts out your order to the far east.

So look at past emails on this subject and find local loft.

Ed K

Jun 21, 2004
Oday 25 Sodus Bay, NY
Just got a 135 genny and a new main for my 25 Oday from Haarstick in Rochester, NY...wasn't cheap, but did a great job and have gotten a 2nd and 1st since I hanked'em on....

ebsail

Nov 28, 2010
O day 25 Nyack. New York
Just got a 135 genny and a new main for my 25 Oday from Haarstick in Rochester, NY...wasn't cheap, but did a great job and have gotten a 2nd and 1st since I hanked'em on....
Would you care to tell me what the 135 Cost you and any particulars? You can send it to me confidentially if you like at ebsail@optonline.net Anyone else is welcome to chime in with particular experiences in buying sails. Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.