Wifi questions resurrected

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 2005 36 MK II (1656) Lake Texoma
All,

First and foremost, I hope that the 2016 sailing season brings each of you a safe season filled with memories.
Now, in my most sincere effort at martial harmony, I am responding to my wife's request that we get wifi on our boat. We sail at Cedar Mills on Lake Texoma. Our slip is just far enough outside the free wifi zone to be teased by an occasional internet connection. However, whenever attempting to upload or down load the connection usually "drops". So, I am looking to install a wifi setup that will allow us to have a reasonably reliable internet connection while at the dock and hopefully under sail.
I have reviewed many of the earlier posts regarding wifi (primarily 2012 and 2013) and I have also read the The Trawler Beach House Blog http://trawler-beach-house.blogspot.com/2015/04/wifi-on-boat-part-4.html that is excellent and covers 2008 - 2015.
Technology seems to move faster than than the speed of sound. So, if anyone can offer any help on how to set up wifi on a boat it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Jay Acquaviva
s/v Doctor's Orders

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I just posted a thread on this subject.... See below in the forum. Defender has a package that I bought today that comes with everything you need.... And good company support.