Widgeon question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2011
Oday Widgeon Ma
Hi all
Just picked up my Widgeon from town sailing program last year. On the front of the boat there is a small hatch for storage. Whenever it rains it fills with water. There appears to be a drain at the bottom of the hatch that doesn't work. Wondering if it is clogged with junk or does it serve some other function. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Kyle

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Call Rudy?

Sounds like you have one of the "newer" WIDGEONs with a trapizoid-shape wooden (newest ones had fiberglass) cover over a stowage compartment in the bow? I would think that the drain is clogged, but my knowledge is more of the older (especially 1963-70) models and I haven't really had a chance to examine the version like you have lately. I've attached a pic of another WIDGEON that is missing the lid for that compartment.

If in doubt, give Rudy at D&R a call (508) 644-3001 He was the last builder of the WIDGEON and a former part Dept. manager at O'DAY.

Attachments

Aug 22, 2011
Oday Widgeon Ma
Thats the one! Thanks for your reply. I think it may be clogged too but don't want to force anything. I'll give Rudy a call.

toddco

Jun 17, 2011
ODay 20 driveway
You might try a wet/dry shop vac on it from the top side. It did wonders on my cockpit drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.