Widgeon centerboard lines - how do they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Fitch

At our yacht club we have 10 widgeons. I have little experience with small boats. We wanted to replace the lines on all the centerboards, and took them apart after carefully noting how they went together. PROBLEM: two of the boats are different! I am OK on the ones with one hole on the forward top corner of the trunk, and another midway in the top of the trunk. What I need help with is the two that have two holes in the top of the front face of the centerboard trunk, about 1-2 inches apart. Can someone describe or draw the routing of the lines, and more importantly the blocks, etc once the lines leave the trunk. If I don't figure this out by launch time, I don't know what I'll do. Thanks

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Widgeon

Jeff - Where is Brooksville? Maybe I could ride up and figure it out with you. I haven't seen boats rigged like the second set you describe but I'd call Rudy and see if he has the rigging diagram for you. Rudy Nickerson D

P

Paul Paulson, Jr.

Widgeon Centerboard Rigging

I just bought my Widgeon and it has the configuration you describe. The line exiting the bottom hole passes through the block on the bulkhead forward of the trunk. Another block is made fast to the end of this line. Another line is made fast to the side of the trunk at one end. This line passes through the second block and then a loop is formed that can be cleated to hold the board in the up position. The other end of this rope passses into the top hole. Hope this helps. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.