Why would I buy the C250wb vs the H26WB

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Parker

Please give your opinions on why I would buy a Catalina water balast 25 vs the Hunter water balast 26. I have owned an O'day 11', Clipper Marine 21', and a Mac26wb. Sailing includes Club races, overnighters, and a week a year at Catalina or Guymas. Thanks Mike

J

John Powell

The Hunter....if

I learned to sail this year on a Hunter 23.5 water balast I bought earlier this year. I liked the boat a lot but everyone I met ran the boat down as being too tender, etc. My wife got frightened the first time we took it out and the boat never recovered her confidence. (Our relationship is just fine, thank you.) I just bought a Catalina 250 and have my smaller Hunter for sale. I like the Hunter better because it is easier to sail. The 250 has weather helm problems, to me. The 250 does not have the room inside that the Hunter has and it is not as wide. I am convinced that Catalina makes a slightly better quality boat. The price of the Catalina will probably hold up better. My question mark above "if" is there because I am comparing my 23.5 and you asked about the 26. I think you will find a great deal more information on the 26 on the Hunter Owners Web site than you will find on the 250 on this or other sites. Hunter owners may just have more trouble or more to say, I don't know. Based on my experience, I would rather have the Hunter 26 but I am satisfied with my 250. Hope this helps some. John

R

Russ King

Apples and Oranges?

I have been comparing prices and specs of the Catalina and Hunter water ballast boats for some time. I'm not convinced that the Catalina 250 is equivalent to the Hunter 26. When it comes to size, weight, sail area, and even price, the Catalina 250 is closer to the Hunter 240 than the Hunter 26. The only time I heard someone compare the C250 to the Hunter 26 was when a salesman was trying to convince me to pay a much higher price than I thought reasonable. Cruising World generally knocks all water ballast boats. They said that water ballast boats are poor compared to their fixed keel counterparts, in quality of workmanship and in performance.

R

randy

buying a hunter

If you buy a hunter...we wont talk to you anymore! guess you'll be on the hunter list...

Status
Not open for further replies.