Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
The grass is burned brown, so it probably isn't

Maine or the maritimes, My best guess is California south of monterey. BUT it could be on one of the Great Lakes.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
The lighthouse is

old stone construction so the west cost is right out. Rocky shore line puts everything south of Deleware out of the question. I recognized a seagull on the shore that I saw last year and he was from Maine but he most likely has moved since I last saw him. The buildings look like stick built ones so I'd still go with an outer coatal island in Maine. What is the prize for the winner?

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Bill, you may be right but the FEMA

trailer has me confused.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Googled Race rock light and got this

Link:http://www.eastendlighthouses.org/rRock.htm

Jul 20, 2005
Whitby 55 Kemah, Tx
Sorry to hijack

But right now there is an awesome lightshow going on in Galveston, Tx. It's a thunderstom like I've never seen. At least 1 strike ever second, some as many as 5 at the same time. It's unbelievable. The power is out here when one hit farely close to Kemah. The good news is it's heading offshore. Bad news is, I'm one of the tallest mast in the marina at 60' I sure hope there aren't any boats anchored out in Offets or sailing in the bay because with all that, it's almost positive they would be struck. I have a new rule. If they say it's 60% change of rain for that weekend, I'm not going anywhere. This is the third time this year we've had a MAJOR storm on just a 60% chance.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Good point Ross

I keep forgetting about the gulf coast. They have some pretty old stuff down there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.